Contact Radiological Emergency Preparedness

Local Liaison Line: (603) 223-3663

About Radiological Emergency Preparedness (REP)

New Hampshire Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) is the state agency responsible for coordinating the planning for, responding to, and recovery from major natural and manmade disasters.  In case of an emergency at Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, HSEM Radiological Emergency Plans define two “emergency planning zones” to prepare for and recover from potential radiological releases. One zone covers an area within a 10-mile radius of the plant, where it is possible that people could be harmed by direct radiation exposure. The second zone covers a broader area, usually up to a 50-mile radius from the plant, where radioactive materials could contaminate water supplies, food crops, and livestock.

The potential danger from an accident at a nuclear power plant is exposure to radiation. This exposure could come from the release of radioactive material from the plant into the environment, usually characterized by a plume (cloud-like formation) of radioactive gases and particles. The major hazards to people in the vicinity of the plume are radiation exposure to the body from the cloud and particles deposited on the ground, inhalation of radioactive materials and ingestion of radioactive materials.

Prior to or during a nuclear power plant incident, you can find detailed information from your local television and radio stations, local emergency management agency, or local Nuclear Power Plant/Energy provider.

How You Can Be Better Prepared


Please click above to learn more on how you can be better prepared for a radiological emergency.


If you or someone you know is a resident within 10 miles of Seabrook Station and requires special assistance in case of an emergency due to disabilities, access, or functional needs please consider submitting their contact information on this form:  Link to Form

Please click the flyer above or here to read more about the ways a resident can provide their information to be added to the special assistance list.

Information submitted is used to notify local government officials in order to assist residents with emergency or evacuation needs. Information submitted will be kept confidential and used for state and local emergency uses only.


Click here to sign up for Emergency Alerts  through NH Alerts.